R&J Q&A Act 5
Act 5, Scene 1
- What is the setting for this scene?
- Give Romeo’s reason for going to an apothecary, and tell what he buys.
Act 5, Scene 2
- How do these two incidents – Balthasar’s information and John’s quarantine – affect Romeo?
- The Friar’s closing speech in this scene is informative. Report three important points.
Act 5, Scene 3
- Who is hidden in the graveyard when Romeo arrives? Why?
- How does Balthasar disobey Romeo?
- Why does Romeo kill Paris?
- Quote the lines that indicate Juliet will awaken soon after Romeo’s arrival.
- This clue does not sway Romeo from his original purpose. What does he do?
- After Juliet discovers Romeo, she refuses a plan of the Friar. What is it? What does she do instead?
- What other death is reported by Montague?
- What purpose does the letter from Romeo serve?
- Quote at least two statements that show the feud is over.