bead, mash, and potash – terms used in whiskey making
- Why does Granpa consider whisky making his trade?
- In what ways is Granpa’s whiskey different from the whiskey made by other mountain men?
- Why does Granma keep the dogs locked up when Granpa is working at his still?
- Why would it be a disaster if the law were to “bust up” Granpa’s still?
- In the previous chapter, a healthy white oak tree falls across a road, helping to save the other trees from being cut down by the lumberjacks. In what sense is Little Tree like the white oak tree when he runs from the “law dogs”?