There is an increasing appetite among STJ bloggers for fresh books to read. At the STJ Library blog the list of books read and reviewed keeps increasing, however, I fear the lack of choice in our current library stacks may soon inhibit this momentum.
So, I’d like to try something to abate/assuage my fears.
In my vision, I’d like to have a solid list of “teen recommended books” in my hand that I’d like to have the library acquire … some day.
So here’s what I’d like you to do:
- Create a single “Top 10” post identifying and justifying in a sentence or two a top 10 list of books you would like to read.
- For each text you list, be sure the link has the book’s ISBN-10 number (ie. link to the book at amazon.ca).
- identify at least one Canadian author
- identify at least one “non-fiction” title
- justify your choice of text after considering course focus questions
- Bonus: Add a “Showcase Widget” to your sidebar that does the same.
- Optional Extra Bonus: Create a “Listmania” or “Wishlist” list at Amazon.ca
- pingback or leave comment with a link to your post here
I’ve added a few widgets to the Library blog with links to libraries, resources, and reviews to help get you started. However, I personally find Amazon’s “listmania” feature quite useful.