Write a personal essay in response to one of the following:
- Most of us have been in a situation where we made a promise that for one reason or another we were unable to keep. When were you disappointed because someone made you a promise that they failed to keep? Or when did you break a promise that you made to someone else?
- All of us are works in progress with a long way to go before we reach our full potential. In what skill or area are you still working to make progress?
- Our society uses the word hero in many different ways? How do you define hero, and who is a hero in your life?
- We all tend to judge people by their appearances, even though looks can be deceiving. Have you ever prejudged someone incorrectly based on their appearance or has someone ever prejudged you unfairly based on how you look?
- Everyone has problems or challenges to overcome. What obstacles are you proud to have faced and conquered?
- There is a famous adage: “To err is human, to forgive divine.” When did you feel divine because you were able to forgive someone for their mistake? When did someone act divine by forgiving you when you were wrong?