Submit any revisions you would like to make to the existing Religion 25 exams (see the links in the sidebar).
(___/1) What was the inscription at Delphi?
– Know Thyself (53)
(___/2) In Greek mythology, who was Hermes?
A: Hermes was the messenger of the gods (pg.60)
and messenger of the sea travellers
What is the difference between Faith and superstition?
– Faith is tha tyou believe in something and that is predestined, you have the ability to reason, logic, and Logos
Supertistion is Emotion and imagination (48)
(—/2) How can Sophists be objectively wrong?
– No absolute norms
– What is right is in vogue
– They teach for money
(—/2) What did the Pre-Socratics think about fate and sickness?
– They believed that fate controls history
– Sickness is a result of divine intervention
How are Jesus and Socrates alike?
– Enemies of the state
-Spoke on behalf of a greater truth
– Their activities and beliefs cost them their lives
– could have abandoned faith to survive (65)
What does Aristotle mean by “The First Mover”
– God moves the starts
– God remains at rest (114)
For Aristotle contrast living and non-living?
-Living has potetintiality for change
-Nonliving can only change by external influence (113)
What did St. Augustine say about Free Will?
– We have free will but God has foreseen how we live (178)
Who was St.Thomas Aquina’s famous teacher?
– Albert the Great (187)
According to Empledocles, what binds and separates things?
– love and strife
Who was the female follower of Paul?
– Damaris (162)
Name the three philosophers from Miletus?
What did Thrym steal from Thor?
According to Empedocles,what are the four elements?
– Air (36)
What did Democritus believe bound atoms together?
– Hooks and Barbs (43)
Who believed that you cannot step into the same river twice?
– Heraclitus (34)
Describe Plato’s Academy.
– Philosophy, Math, Gym, Later: Science
What did socrates mean when he said “he who knows what i sgood is will do good”?
– The right insight leads to the right action.(69)
-Only he who does right can be a virtuous man.(59)
– malign influence from the stars
What is the origin of the word ‘influence”
– Malign fromt he stars (54)
Pingback: dsader.snowotherway.org » Religion 25 Students Revise Exam Questions
What is perfection according to Socrates?
-Idea is perfection, reality is nothing but a flaw.
Compare Parmenides and Heraculitus
a)that nothing can change and
b)that our sensory perceptions are unreliable
a)that everything changes (all things flow)
b)that our sensory perceptions are reliable
What does atom mean?
What is Socratic irony?
– When you would act dumber than you really are(66-67)
What were Plato’s 4 task?
1. How can a baker bake fifty identical cookies?
2. Why are all horses the same?
3. Decide does man have immortal soul?
4.Are men and woman equally sensible?
Comments are closed.