Read about the situation below and complete the assignment that follows.
Imagine that you are Kim Green, a Grade 9 student, applying for one of the four jobs listed below. Robin Thornton is the person at the Hillcrest Job Centre who processes the applications for these jobs.
Summer Jobs Available
- Playground Program Assistant â€“ assist with activities for seven-to-ten-year-old children
- Senior Citizenâ€™s assistant â€“ assist with the needs and activities of seniors in a centre or in the community
- Fast Food Restaurant Employee â€“ prepare food, serve customers, clear tables
- Landscaping Assistant â€“ plant flowers and shrubs; cut and rake lawns
Write a business letter to Robin Thornton in which you apply for the job you have selected. (Select only one from the list above.)
When writing, be sure to
- identify the job for which you are applying
- explain what knowledge, skills, or experience you have that might be relevant to the job
- sign you letter Kin Green â€“ do not sign your own name
- organize your thoughts appropriately in sentences and paragraphs
- use vocabulary that is appropriate and effective
address the envelope
Note: The information you make up about Kim Green must be realistic for a Grade 9 student.
Â©2012 Mr. D. Sader | snowflakes | All Rights Reserved
Original post by Mr. D. Sader